Thursday, August 21, 2014

Real Milk Paint Review

Disclosure: I received one or more products or monetary composition for the exchange for my honest opinion. I only recommend product that I would use personally or believe would be a good fit with my readers. All opinions are 100 percent my own and may differ from yours. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.



I love when it is summer time and I can spend the day going to garage sales and seeing what I can find. I consider my self a bargain mom where I like to find thing and fix them up. I love buying old pieces of furniture and fixing them up. I love to refurnish tables and dressers. 

I recently came across a company called The Real Milk Paint. The inspiration behind The Real Milk Paint is that he wanted to paint his wardrobe that was made out of pine. He wanted to make milk paint from scratch to paint it. He told his wife about his idea and she thought he was nuts. To start this new adventure he bought old formula books for furniture finishing. When he came across the formulas they tend to have some strange materials in them. He searched and researched until he found the perfect formula. The paint is dry powdered Real Milk Paint. 

I received two packages of Real Milk Paint for review. The two colors that I received were Terra Cotta and Yellow Rose. Real Milk Paint has a variety of colors that you can choose from. The paint comes in small packages which is very nice. What I also like about this paint it's easy to mix. You just add water. Each bag that I received 2 1/2 cups of powdered milk paint. When you choose to mix your paint you want to mix it in a glass or plastic container 2 times larger  than needed. This will allow you to mix and not make a mess. To mix 1 quart you want to add 2 1/2 cups of water to the entire contents. Stir the paint for one minute. Make sure there is nothing stuck to the bottom. Let the paint stand for 20 minutes and stir occasion. When you want to paint the surface you want to make sure it is clean. The surface must be free of contamination, wax, grease, or oils. 

When I start a project I hate preparing paint or fussing with paint. With Real Milk Paint I felt like it was easy to mix the paint without a huge fuss. The instructions were to the point and helpful. I like the consistency of the paint and it went well on the old table that I had in my house. It dried pretty quickly also. I would highly recommend Real Milk Paint for your next project. 

You can find their website with the link below



No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Gift Guide

When it comes to my daughter it can be tough to find the right gift for her for the upcoming holidays. Recently I was connected with a compa...